Britax Frontier 85 SICT Review:
Ok, so Britax is taking it up another notch with the Frontier 85 SICT much like the did with the Advocate CS a few years ago. By the way, “SICT” stands for Side Impact Cushion Technology which is basically the big difference between the Britax Frontier 85 SICT and the regular Britax Frontier 85. In laymen’s terms, basically Britax has added big air bags on the side of the Frontier 85 and named it the Frontier 85 SICT. Now don’t get us wrong, these air bags are a great safety feature and divert up to 45% of side impact crash forces. In addition they serve as a pad for kids and adults sitting next to the seat that may be whip-lashed into the seat. The price hike is pretty steep just like it was for the Advocate CS when it came out. At $339.99, the Frontier 85 SICT is pretty much the most expensive Harnessed Booster on the market, but it’s also pretty much the safest. Also, as the big box retailers get their hands on this seat, they will undoubtedly lower the price as Britax is no longer restricting pricing!
Who Should Buy the Britax Frontier 85 SICT?
The buyer that’s looking for the absolute Best & Safest Harnessed Booster on the market and is not so concerned with Price should buy the Britax Frontier 85 SICT. If you’re looking for a small step down in safety and a big step down in price, check out the Britax Frontier 85.
Britax Frontier 85 SICT Specifications:
- Forward Facing Weight Limits = 2 Years & 25lbs – 85lbs.
- Forward Facing Height Limits = 30″ – 57″
- Forward Facing Seated Shoulder Height Limits = 12″ – 20″
- Booster Mode Weight Limits = 40lbs. – 120 lbs.
- Booster Mode Height Limits = 42″ – 65″
- Booster Mode Seated Shoulder Height Limits = 13.5″ – 24.5″
Britax Frontier 85 SICT Standout Features:
- Side Impact Cushion Technology (SICT). These are the cushions on the side that deflect 45% of the side impact crash forces.
- True Side Impact Protection (TSIP). More side impact technology/protection.
- Energy Absorbing Versa Tether that again absorbs crash forces in the top of the seat.
- Multi Position Five Point Harness that has 10 positions which is way more than normal. No Re-Thread Necessary!
- Harness Utlra Guard System (HUGS) provides resistance in forward crashes.
- Compatible with SecureGuard which keeps your child from sliding down in the seat.
- EPS Foam liner which helps distribute crash forces.
- Comfort Foam for baby’s comfort.
- Seat Cover is Removable for cleaning.
- Quick Install LATCH Connectors.
- Convenient Integrated Cup Holders
- Made in USA. Some Global Parts.
Britax Frontier 85 SICT Color Options:
The Britax Frontier 85 SICT comes in three color options: Cardinal, Onyx, & Portobello. As with most new items, Britax is sticking with the basics and staying away from gender specific fashions or trendy fabrics. As time goes by and hopefully this item sells well, Britax is likely to add more color options for the Frontier 85 SICT.